From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Val Paul
Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:05 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws issues

Hi David!

On 06/02/2018 23:04, David Moore wrote:

Hi all!

First of all, you can do even more in Win10 than you could in Windows 7, but you have to know what to do.

Here is how you navigate the start area in Win10.I suppose when you've been used to something for so long, sometimes you don't like change!  {like me}

I find that as i'm getting older, it's harder to memorize things and keep them in that brain!
You said you had Windows 10 guides, i'm very interested in that.
The thing i'd like to know, is how to close down your computer.

Val.

Press the Windows key, and you are in a search box. Tab once, and you will hear mike. If you enter there, you can ask Cortana a question, just like asking SIRI.

If you tab past the mike, you are in a list. The power button is there, and your account button to open your Microsoft account. Tab again, and you are on your list of apps and programs. Now, you can down arrow through all of your programs. Tab past that, and you are on your app tiles. You can use all arrow keys to go from tile to tile, just like on a phone. Instead of all of that, though, you can just type the program or app you want to bring up in the search edit box.

For example, type:

Notepad in the search edit box, and you will hear Notepad as one of your choices. Just press enter, and Notepad will open. It is that simple to find a program and open it in the search area that is in Windows 7 as well. I have a lot of tutorials on using Windows 10, if you would like them. Windows 10 is different, but you can do everything you did in Windows 7, you just have to do it differently.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10