Re: How do you unprotect?

Shirley Tracy

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. I only unprotected the one document I needed to print, and it worked fine. I truly appreciate this list.

Cheerfully,
Shirley Tracy

---- Marianne Denning <marianne@denningweb.com> wrote:

=============
I think using the f6 and tabbing to "enable" and hitting enter whas worked
at least since Office 2007. It only unprotects the document you are
currently using but that I the way I prefer to do it. I don't want to turn
off "protected view" for everything.

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 8:43 PM, Barbara <batterseye@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Hello,

Interesting question. For both Jeff and Kevin which version of office
does these steps work? I have run into the same issue with a MS Word
document. Does these steps also work for MS Word? I personally did not
know what to do and ended up opening the protected Word document inside
Open Book. That worked and I could then read it. I doubt that would work
for an Excel documents since you are dealing with all those columns and
rows.

Thanks for answers to the above questions.

Barbara