Re: Substitute punctuation marks with sounds

Tony Malykh

Thank you for your reply. I tried dictionary manager, and I can set a custom sound for punctuation marks, but when I try it out, the sounds are very unreliable. I can hear my sound being played only in 50% of the times. Moreover, if the punctuation is in the middle of the sentence, Jaws doesn't pause the speech and there is no particular order in which the sound is played.

Tony

On 2/2/2018 4:27 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi Tony,

One thing that comes to mind is to use the dictionary manager.  I know it can be done, but I just can't give exact steps.
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2018 2:11 PM
Subject: Substitute punctuation marks with sounds

Hello all,

Is there a way to substitute punctuation marks with custom sounds? I am
a developer and often times I have to listen to tongue twisters of
punctuation marks, like "left bracket right brace left paren ..." I wish
to replace all these parens and brackets with sounds. Is there a way to
do so in Jaws?

Thanks

Tony