From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Martz
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Quick way to paste URL into an email

Hi all. I've got a friend on Windows 10 using the Edge browser who recently
asked me if there is a quick way to paste an
open URL into an email message body text. I'm still on Windows 7 so I can't
help. Any suggestions? She's using Outlook
for email, if it matters.

On Win7, with both IE and Chrome, I know this works: alt+D to go to the
address bar, control+C to copy, then in the
message body control+V to paste. I also know Chrome has a menu with an
option to copy the URL, but I don't know a
keyboard shortcut to get there any easier than what I just described.

If I'm on Safari in Mac OS X using VoiceOver, I can do the equivalent:
Command+L to jump to address bar, command+C to
copy, then command+V in the message body text. I also know the Safari
toolbar has a share button, but again there's no
slick way to jump there quickly by default, as far as I know.
-Paul