Re: keep getting windows update 1709 cumlative update

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

What message are you getting when you try to install the 1709 update?

I had a lot of trouble installing that update.

My computer kept saying cant install to a usb drive.

The only way I was able to fix this was to download the media creation tool on to a memory stick.

My advice is to backup your computer because you might have to do an installation.

The 1709 update happens to be the windows fall creaters edition.

When I was working with Microsoft he cleared all of the windows update cash.

He determained that there was a bad key in the registery, the computer was thinking that we were trying to install to a usb stick.

Call  Microsoft at 1-800-426-9400 and talk to a tech there.

The problem we found should be documented.

If I can help in any way please let me know.