Re: Removable disk shortcut?

Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...>

Hi Carol, Yes, this does help. Thanks!

Elaine

On 1/29/2018 9:51 PM, Carol Smith via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

I just created a shortcut for one of my external drives in Windows 10.

First, make sure the drive is plugged in.
Press Windows key plus E
Find the drive in the list of available drives
Press the applications/context key
Arrow down to create shortcut and press enter
I was given a choice of creating the shortcut on the desktop and chose yes
The shortcut is on my desktop.
It is called Seagate backup plus drive and has a drive letter
The drive opens when I enter on the desktop shortcut icon.

Hope this helps.

Carol

On 1/29/2018 8:58 PM, Elaine Young wrote:
Hi Joe,

Not sure if This PC is what I want. Let me try again...
I want a shortcut on my desktop that will take me directly to my removable disk options such as "CD", "E drive" and "F drive".  I did this on my computer 2 years ago but the process to do it must have changed in one of the updates. I am trying to tell a friend how to open a flash drive she has connected into her USB.

Elaine
On 1/29/2018 3:18 PM, Joe DiNero wrote:
Do you mean having my computer or if you are Windows 10 This PC on your desktop?