Re: Removable disk shortcut?

Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...>

Hi Sieghard,

Okay, I can follow this. But isn't there a way I can have my CD drive, E drive and F drive altogether in the same folder/icon on my desktop? Again, I already have this but probably did it with Windows 10 prior to the Creator's Update. Something must have changed since then since I can't figure it out any more to help my friend. sigh.

Elaine

That is one way to do it which has not been changed since Windows 7 at least.
If you already know the drive letter for your CD drive or other removeable drive, you can also do the following:

1. Make sure you are on the desktop, it doesn't matter which icon.
2. Press Control+Spacebar to unselect the icon you are on
3. Press application key or Shift+F10
4. Arrow down to "New" or press "w"
5. Arrow down to "Shortcut" and press enter
6. In the "Type a location" enter your drive letter followed by a colon, e.g. d: or e:, tab to Next and press space
7. In the "Enter a name for the shortcut" type what you want to call it, e.g. DVD Drive" or "USB Drive", tab to Finish and press space.

Regards,
Sieghard

--
Knowing the future is uncertain; knowing the One who holds the future is a sure thing.
Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

After Weeks Of Rumors, Joanna Gaines Comes Clean
risingstarnewspaper.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5a708f366cacdf352340st03duc