Re: [Bulk] an odd problem,I hope someone may help to solve.: no sound from JAWSafterunpluggingfrom headphone jack

sandy stegmayer <ssteg@...>

I find it interesting that the 3 of us who have had this problem are all working on Dell computers.

From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 3:21 PM
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: an odd problem,I hope someone may help to solve.: no sound from JAWSafterunpluggingfrom headphone jack

Rik,

Then your headphones are being considered the default. You may need to look
at your audio devices in the Control Panel to see What sound devices are
there, in addition to the headset. Then make sure that all are enabled.
Sounds like JAWS is not aware of any sound card aside from the headset, and
it needs to be told that there is an internal sound chip that it can use.

Dave Carlson