Re: Space bar

Lynda Crouch <lynda.crouch@...>

Thank you for suggestion! It is windows 10 so I’ll definitely check to make sure edge is not default browser. I think it is Internet explorer on the computer that is not working and chrome on the one that is. Since it’s gmail maybe that is issue? I guess I didn’t realize the issues that can exist depending on browser. Thanks again!!!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 24, 2018, at 8:55 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:

Hi again, Lynda. Which version of Windows are you running. If you are running Windows 10, make sure your default browser is the one you wish to choose on your work computer. Are you using Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome on your home computer. If using Windows 10, make sure Windows hasn't selected Edge as your browser. This browser does not work well yet with JAWS.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynda Crouch
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Space bar

Thank you. I’ve done this and tried X and it will highlight the box but no select with the space bar or enter key. On my own computer the X key works like a charm but not on the work computer. Both are laptops. It used to work but stopped and not sure why? So strange!

Sent from my iPhone

Hi, Lynda. Try restarting your computer, then go back to the gmail site, and try checking the emails again. Also, sometimes, JAWS doesn't say checked, even though the box is actually checked. Try using the X key to see if the boxes you tried to check are actually still unchecked.