Re: Making a note in excel

Dave...

I'm thinking that comments can be made to speak, but perhaps they need to be enabled in the Excel options?

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 13:21
Subject: Re: Making a note in excel

Hi Dave and Richard,

This is useful although if I go to Insert Comment and type something pressing enter doesn’t do anything and neither does tab, I have to press escape first before I can navigate to a different cell, then if I go back it will say the cell content along with “includes comment.

The Control+Shift+Apostrophy also works great, but it would be really nice if Jaws could be made to speak the comment after the cell content, e.g. it would say “2” or whatever value is in the cell and then “Comment: Number of items in stock” or something along those lines.

This would allow you to still perform calculations including the value of that cell but to have some more useful information, e.g. I could have the names of products in column A and across the top I could have sizes and maybe for this particular order some sizes are “In Stock” and some are “Backordered”. I have received Excel sheets where the person who made that sheet colour coded this and then provided a legend as to what colour means what, but it would be nice to be able to add a comment which Jaws then reads automatically instead of having to check the colour of the cell content.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is possible, if anybody knows maybe they can share it. If indeed it is not possible then I think FS should add this functionality.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 10:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Making a note in excel

Hi Brian,

Dave’s write, if you use the application key you can arrow to insert comment and hit enter.

Type your comment and hit enter.

Then, I believe you can tab to the next cell or arrow down, etc.

To bring up a list of cells with comments, its control+shift+apostrophe.

I do not know if there is a setting to have Jaws automatically read the comments.

HTH,

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of brian albriton
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 9:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Making a note in excel

Excel not only has data but occasionally one needs to make a note about the data. How would I do this in excel?

Brian Albriton

iPhone 2136103315

cocanut50@...

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.