From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2018 3:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Making a note in excel

Hi Dave and Richard,

This is useful although if I go to Insert Comment and type something pressing enter doesn’t do anything and neither does tab, I have to press escape first before I can navigate to a different cell, then if I go back it will say the cell content along with “includes comment.

The Control+Shift+Apostrophy also works great, but it would be really nice if Jaws could be made to speak the comment after the cell content, e.g. it would say “2” or whatever value is in the cell and then “Comment: Number of items in stock” or something along those lines.

This would allow you to still perform calculations including the value of that cell but to have some more useful information, e.g. I could have the names of products in column A and across the top I could have sizes and maybe for this particular order some sizes are “In Stock” and some are “Backordered”. I have received Excel sheets where the person who made that sheet colour coded this and then provided a legend as to what colour means what, but it would be nice to be able to add a comment which Jaws then reads automatically instead of having to check the colour of the cell content.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is possible, if anybody knows maybe they can share it. If indeed it is not possible then I think FS should add this functionality.

Regards,

Sieghard