Re: A weird Google Chrome problem

Delaunay Christophe <christophe.delaunay@...>

Hi Jason,

Seems to be a Chrome issue since I have the same result when I’m using NVDA instead of Jaws.

I definitely would like to report the issue but sorry for this newbie question: what is VFO please?

In the meantime, many thanks to Francisco who advised me to try Firefox ESR. I did not know this release and it will definitely help me wait for a better solution.

Many thanks for your fast advice. Have a nice day. Chris D

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 3:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: A weird Google Chrome problem

** WARNING: This mail is from an external source **

I can reproduce it by following the link you gave. I suggest reporting it to VFO. If it’s a JAWS issue, they can fix it. If it’s a Google Chrome issue, Google can fix it (and they recently – within the last year or so – employed another top accessibility engineer to work on Chrome, in addition to the excellent expertise they already had).

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Delaunay Christophe
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2018 9:02 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: A weird Google Chrome problem

Hi all,

Since I was getting more and more frustrated with Firefox, especially when it was upgraded to 57, I decided to replace it with Google Chrome.

With my new Jaws 2018, it is working fairly well except on this site:

https://mosquitto.org/

This site describes a light open-source piece of software dedicated to message exchanges among small objects.

Problem: When I click this link to open it, Jaws begins to read it ok but as soon as I click a link within this page, (for instance the “documentation” link), Jaws gets stuck forever on the new page title.

Did anyone else notice such an annoying behavior please? Is there a way to fix it?

BTW, I am using Chrome 64-bit version 63.0.3239.132 on a Windows 7 64-bit Entreprise Edition computer.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.