From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2018 6:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: slow web pages, any work arounds

I wonder what percentage of JAWS users actually mess around with this flexible web application.  I don't.  Navigation keys and the find feature plus place markers do the job for me.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 1/12/2018 6:20 PM, Jason White via Groups.Io wrote:
It lets you identify elements on the page (e.g., extraneous material) that JAWS should skip whenever they are encountered. It is configured for each individual Web site. It will probably take a little experimentation to work out which elements on a particular site enclose the material that you want to filter out.

If I recall correctly, you can also configure it to move the virtual cursor automatically to a specified part of the Web page (e.g., move straight to the main content when the page loads, bypassing the navigation etc.).