accessing a cookbook

Van Lant, Robin

Hi all,

As I have lost more vision, even using a video magnifier for reading cookbooks is not feasible.  I save my favorite recipes into Word Documents so that I can easily read them with speech.  I have downloaded some cookbooks from book share and typically have read those with my Booksense (which I really don’t use much anymore).  I think I have a one cookbook that I downloaded to Voice Dream Reader on my phone, (I think from bookshare), that was tagged in such a way that I could arrow through recipe titles, although maybe I bookmarked the interesting recipes using a bookmarke list to skim through my favorite ones. 

Anyway, as I see a new book I might like, I’m wondering if any of you have tried using an epub version on your desktop or phone or if Kindle format works.  I have not tried the Kindle desktop version, nor do I know how to read an epub on my desktop.  I’ve used the Kindle app and Voice Dream for this on my phone.

Any suggestion on what you’ve found that works if you want a specific cookbook?  I know many say to just search for a recipe online, but I find many recipe websites inaccessible or cumbersome.  Plus, there are times when I really get excited about a particular set of recipes offered in a book. 

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.