accessing a cookbook

Van Lant, Robin

Hi all,

As I have lost more vision, even using a video magnifier for reading cookbooks is not feasible.  I save my favorite recipes into Word Documents so that I can easily read them with speech.  I have downloaded some cookbooks from book share and typically have read those with my Booksense (which I really don’t use much anymore).  I think I have a one cookbook that I downloaded to Voice Dream Reader on my phone, (I think from bookshare), that was tagged in such a way that I could arrow through recipe titles, although maybe I bookmarked the interesting recipes using a bookmarke list to skim through my favorite ones.

Anyway, as I see a new book I might like, I’m wondering if any of you have tried using an epub version on your desktop or phone or if Kindle format works.  I have not tried the Kindle desktop version, nor do I know how to read an epub on my desktop.  I’ve used the Kindle app and Voice Dream for this on my phone.

Any suggestion on what you’ve found that works if you want a specific cookbook?  I know many say to just search for a recipe online, but I find many recipe websites inaccessible or cumbersome.  Plus, there are times when I really get excited about a particular set of recipes offered in a book.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114