From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 4:34 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: Windows Speech Recognition and JAWS

I have heard of people using the default Windows 7 speech recognition
engine. I've heard it is not quite as good as Naturally Speaking 10.
I have Dragon Naturally Speaking 10, and intend to install Version 11
tomorrow.
I'm told it is the same engine that Siri uses on the iPhone. If so, then I
wouldn't settle for anything less.
On my iPhone, Siri has made a total of 2 mistakes in the 5 weeks since I've
had her. Vastly, vastly, vastly, vastly, vastly better than Dragon
Naturally Speaking 10.
I'll let you know after installation.
Your friend will need a headset microphone, but she gets one for free with
the Pro version (perhaps Preferred too).
Allegedly, no training is needed for Version 11. The training was the main
reason for J-SAY.
I used to use J-SAY, but the security settings in my law firm made it
impossible successfully to install J-SAY. So, I bought it for nothing, and
haven't tried it for at least 3 years. Naturally Speaking works just fine
without J-SAY.