From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: amazon.com Jaws 11

Hello Miriam,

Well put. I feel suitably chastised. So I'll give you my perspective.

There's a perfectly good training tool for learning how to use the web
called "Surf's Up" on the FS site and also in the help/web resources menu
from JAWS. I recommend that to anyone who has a need to learn basic
navigation on the web, like Insert+F7 to bring up a list of links.

I don't mind pointing people to that training tool and give advice on how to
navigate using JAWS. However I do draw the line when someone just whines
about not being able to do something on such-and-such a web site and hoping
that someone will jump in and tell them what to do -- problem is that the
originator has not told us specifically just what they are having trouble
with.

To wit, here's the original request, and please tell me what I should have
told him/her to do:

"I'm trying to order audio cd from amazon ,my cousin show me how to order
from amazom.com last week ago !! I have try to order audio cd but I forgot
how to do it!! Does anybody know how to tell me how to order audio cd from
amazon.com website? I really need your help to tell me how to do it with
jaws!! I'm using jaws 11,window xp desktop computer with home edition. I
will appreciate any help and answer from anybody."

Okay, I'll give you a hint. The question we need to actually answer is this
part:

"Does anybody know how to tell me how to order audio cd from
amazon.com website?"

The answer is either "No." or the answer I gave:

"Click on the item you want. Add to shopping cart. Go to checkout. Give them
your credit card."

Other than my additional snide comments, I thought my answer was eloquent
and precise. I certainly have no way to know what his/her cousin told
him/her to do, do I?

Dave Carlson