Re: Providing Remote Support to Sighted Users

Jason White

If JAWS isn’t installed on the remote system then you can’t access it with JAWS remote desktop.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 4:47 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Providing Remote Support to Sighted Users

But a sighted person wouldn’t have JAWS installed, would they?  I think the question is remoting into a sighted person’s own computer, where they don’t use JAWS.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: 15 December 2017 15:19
Subject: Re: Providing Remote Support to Sighted Users

I assume it is quite likely that there is a Jaws shortcut on the desktop and in my opinion it’s not that much to ask from a sighted user to click that or to tell him to type Windows Key+R and type “Jaws18” or “Jaws2018” and press enter and to then tell him the few mouse clicks he or she would have to do to launch the tandem session.

I understand some people use Team Viewer and while I have used it in terms of getting support people access, I have not used it to gain access and don’t know about how accessible it is once you are connected. I know most remote solutions like GoToMeeting and so on never used to be accessible.

Regards,

Sieghard

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Coleman, Alton A
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 6:17 AM
Subject: Providing Remote Support to Sighted Users

Good morning,

Is anyone aware of an accessible tool that will allow a JAWS user to provide remote assistance to other sighted non-JAWS users?

I am currently set up with JAWS Tandem Direct, but it does not make sense to me to ask a sighted user who requires my assistance, and knows absolutely nothing about JAWS to go through the process of launching JAWS on their machine just to acquire an access code for a Tandem session, and then having to explain to them how to shutdown JAWS when the session is complete, etc.

Is there a more mainstream utility, such as Windows Remote Assistance through which I can gain access to their workstation and then just launch JAWS myself?

Note that JAWS has already been installed on the 75-100 workstations that I could potentially need to access.

I just want to find a way that the end-user does not have to launch JAWS in order for me to provide real-time remote assistance.

Keep in mind that I am referring to real-time assistance, where I take control of the end-user’s workstation, under their existing credentials and login session, not to be confused with remoting into their computer via Windows Remote Desktop, etc.

Any thoughts or feedback that you might can share would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.