Re: amazon.com Jaws 11

Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@...>

I did read the original request. I have several responses to what you've
said. First, the request indicates that the person asking the question is a
naive user or having difficulty with English or some such problem. There
was a response before your's to the effect that it wasn't a Jaws relevant
question. I beg to differ. It absolutely was Jaws relevant. Second: some
of us do well with these tutoring tools or help screens or whatever, and
some of us don't. Some of us need extra hand holding. People join these
lists for a variety of reasons. Some of us think we can get some extra help
with problems. Some of us want to help others. Some of us want to hang out
and share knowledge or just show how smart we are. I know that when I've
joined one of these technical lists, it's because I've needed help. I have
been lucky enough to have been able to offer help occasionally, also. I've
discovered that some lists are kinder than others. I've also discovered
that there are some wonderfully knowledgeable and helpful people on the
lists. There have been a few folks, over the years, who have helped me on
or off list, in ways I would have never expected. They are unusually
thoughtful and talented people. I don't expect everyone to function at that
level. But at a minimum, I would expect kindness. One can point a lister
to a resource in a gentle and patient manner or one can do so in an abrupt
or insulting manner.

I'm sorry to have started out on this list in such a controvercial way. I
appreciate that all of you are very technically savvy and I didn't mean to
introduce myself to you as being this critical, fault finding person.

Miriam