Anyone know how to change the Windows Update choices in Windows 10

Dave Durber

Hello everyone:

In previous versions of Windows, you were able to choose how you wanted updates to be performed. I understand, that in Windows 10, this function is not readily available.

I am currently using Windows 7 Professional. I have Windows Update set to "Check for updates but let me choose when to download and install them". I have been lead to believe that in Windows 10, by default, Microsoft is forcing users of Windows to have updates automatically installed, regardless of any consequences or problems these updates might or might not cause the end user.

For managers of I T departments and network administrators, this must present one hell of a continuous headache, in controlling what updates are applied to systems throughout their networks and trying to prevent problems and difficulties occurring on any of their systems.

If anyone on this list knows, how to invoke the function in Windows 10 which was available in previous versions of Windows, I would be very interested in knowing about it, as this is one of the reasons why I am very reluctant to update to Windows 10.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber