From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2018 2:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to tell which programs are updating and slowing down my JAWS?

Hello Mike,

I am guessing it is Windows doing a major update, that is how JAWS acts for me as well running latest Windows 10 and JAWS 17.  I have just learned to spot the symptoms, and if my priorities allow, I just figure out other things to do while my computer updates.  I quit trying to beat the slowness, and figure it is just the price of automatic updates.  If this turns out to be the issue for you, you could change over to be prompted before an update processes, so you could pick the most convenient time.  I am now retired, so I am picking convenience!

Tim Ford