Re: How to tell which programs are updating and slowing down my JAWS?

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Thanks Tim! That’s about what I figured too. I do get in need of doing something quickly after booting up my laptop, and I wish I could learn a way to pause the download, then fire it up again after I’m done with what I had to do.

Most times, I’m not in that much of a hurry, so just like you; I just walk away from it for a while.

Thanks much!......Mike

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2018 2:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to tell which programs are updating and slowing down my JAWS?

Hello Mike,

I am guessing it is Windows doing a major update, that is how JAWS acts for me as well running latest Windows 10 and JAWS 17.  I have just learned to spot the symptoms, and if my priorities allow, I just figure out other things to do while my computer updates.  I quit trying to beat the slowness, and figure it is just the price of automatic updates.  If this turns out to be the issue for you, you could change over to be prompted before an update processes, so you could pick the most convenient time.  I am now retired, so I am picking convenience!

Tim Ford

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Ulrich
Sent: Monday, January 1, 2018 9:27 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: How to tell which programs are updating and slowing down my JAWS?

OK so I just fired up my laptop and I’m trying to put together a word doc.

For the past 10 minutes, my JAWS program is running way big time slow, and locks up a bit too.

So I’m guessing I have a program receiving an update?

So my question is: how do I quickly find out if I’m indeed downloading any updates? I can’t tell you how frustrating it is when JAWS is spitting and sputtering along like an old model T!

Thanks much!......Mike

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.