Re: IPod Shuffle Alternatives?

Nermin

Hi all,

as for devices with buttons, a good place to start would be www.rockbox.org.
The site includes a list of devices that support Rockbox, the alternative firmware on many models. These used to include iPods also, devices from Archos, Covon and Sansa.
I haven't been on the site in a long time, but I'd imagine that Rockbox has gotten updates over time. Most players can play m4a files as well if you put rockbox on them.
Rockbox is considered to be a good alternative for the companys' own offering, and supports more file formats when flashed.
Laz puts the firmware onto his devices and sells them through the site mentioned ealier. I'm not sure if he sells outside the US though.

Regards,
Nermin