Re: Help with web sites

Hi Shirley,

If your Firefox has updated to version 57 or above it will be mostly useless with Jaws for the time being.
Much better to download and install Google Chrome.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Help with web sites

I am using Internet Explorer. I have Firefox but haven't tried it in a couple weeks because I was having some trouble with it. Think I'll go back to it, though. Thanks.
Shirley Tracy

---- Richard Turner <richardturner42@outlook.com> wrote:

=============

If you are using Internet Explorer, it has lots of problems and is not being updated.
You would be better off with Firefox version 52.5 ESR or Google Chrome.
I personally find FireFox to be better.
HTH,
Richard

(Sent from the iPod Touch 6)

On Dec 27, 2017, at 6:27 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@denningweb.com<mailto:marianne@denningweb.com>> wrote:

What browser are you using?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 27, 2017, at 8:52 PM, Shirley Tracy <stracy5@tampabay.rr.com<mailto:stracy5@tampabay.rr.com>> wrote:

Hello, all:

I'm using Windows 7 and JAWS 18. Haven't taken the plunge to Windows 10 yet.

Recently, and I think since the last JAWS 18 update snuck into my system, I've been having difficulty using web sites. I keep getting stuck and can't read through web pages I used to manage just fine. What happened?

Here's my latest challenge: I once signed up with "Instacart" and had no problem. Now, here's what I see on one of the pages: https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.instacart.com%2Fstore%2F%23store-wrapper&data=02%7C01%7C%7C90cba38602c0406ec54308d54d9a8616%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636500248419403268&sdata=iSmJj5h6E6ctzQNdmhLK9sR2Zn8%2FQgBF2Y6o9uW68fQ%3D&reserved=0 Tool tip That's all I can read.
I can't read any tool tip message, and I can't move further forward or back. I'm trapped. To me, it appears as though the rest is blank.

I expected to have some trouble with Instacart, but this is happening on other web sites. Any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Appreciatively,

Shirley

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.