Re: saying jaws command keys through speech recognition

Carol Smith

Thanks and of course, Merry Christmas to you, also. I have my Win10 PC, but have not done much with it yet. I did play around with Dictating a little with Win7, but that has been a few years ago. I do not currently have a decent microphone, so thought I might consider BlueTooth. My new PC is supposed to have BlueTooth on it. I really should take the time to get my programs moved over so I won't need to keep going back to the old one. You know how hectic it can get this time of year! Maybe things will slow down a little now that Winter is here. I don't like going out in the cold and snow.

Again, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Carol

On 12/25/2017 4:20 PM, mike mcglashon wrote:
First Merry Christmas Carroll:

Well, it sort of works,
I can listen to things pretty far away about 40 ft or so;
I do notice a couple of things:
Using a wireless Logitech headset with mic;
Windows10 and jaws 2018;
I first notice that many times when I tell it a command, instead of
executing it, the wsr types it into the document I was trying to read with
insert-downarrow which is supposed to read to end of document.
Second, like right now, when I told it to open outlook, it just dinged at me
like it didn't know what I am saying.
I think it should have worked better because sometime back prior to the
headset, I trained wsr to hear my voice and it sort of did it sometimes;