Re: how to restore a computer with Terabyte disk imaging without sighted help.

John Covici

You can only run what is on the system, possibly you could run
something which is a command line if you have a USB disk with that
program on it. You don't have the full windows, just the pe
environment.

On Sun, 24 Dec 2017 09:02:37 -0500,
Steve Matzura wrote:

John, how is that accomplished?If I boot the Windows 10 Creator
Update and start Narrator, I can't run anything or even open File
Explorer. I'm usually pretty on top of these things, how do I get
to a place where I can run something? Others have told me this is
possible, and they've told me Shift+F10 works, but I've never
found that to be the case. Thanks in advance for any help on
this.

On 12/23/2017 4:26 PM, John Covici wrote:
Those are now obsolete, latest version of Windows 10 (Creators update
or later), will allow Narrator to speak in the pe environment. The
keystroke is control+enter+windows.

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 14:44:35 -0500,
Steve Matzura wrote:
[1 <text/plain; windows-1252 (7bit)>]
[2 <text/html; windows-1252 (8bit)>]
First thing to do is get yourself a copy of the late Carlos Nazario's Windows pre-installation environment with NVDA. There's one for Windows 7 32- or 64-bit, and Windows 10 32- or 64-bit systems. You get these from
http://www.opopanax.net/download. Create the DVD, then put it aside while you do the next step.

Next step is to create a standalone copy of Image for Windows. I created an audio demo of how to do this. Get it from at https://www.dropbox.com/s/gg10t516n0azszx/PE%20Builder.mp3?dl=0

Finally, boot the Windows pre-installation environment DVD you created, and when the talking Desktop starts talking, run your standalone IFW and do the restore.

HTH

On 12/22/2017 11:38 AM, Alan Robbins wrote:

Other than pulling the drive and using another computer with a USB to whatever type connection is on the hard drive I do not know

Al