Re: Jaws and Outlook 2010 spell check delay

Tim Ford

Hi Jim,

I am still using Outlook 2010, so my suggestion may not help.

Try the keyboard shortcuts instead of the tab key.  Most of those field and options do have a shortcut.  For example, Alt+ c accepts the first recommended option, alt +g accepts the “error” without changing the spelling.  There are of course more shortcuts, but this gives you a couple of the most commonly used shortcuts.  If they help, then we can give you the rest of the list.

If this does not help, then I have no idea.  I am running the latest Windows 10, JAWS 17, and I notice occasional slowdowns, moments of silence; this all started in recent years, and I suspect it is either the newer Windows, JAWS, or both.

Good luck,

Tim Ford