Re: Speech on demand

Vic Beckley

You got it! I am running the laptop layout. When I use caps lock plus space and shift+s it works. That leads me to the obvious question: Why does insert+space s turn on SOD mode but insert+space shift+s not do the toggle?

Vic

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 12:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Speech on demand

Also, Vic. If you are running JAWS Version 2018 (build 1712.10 ILM), with JAWS Laptop keyboard layout, it would be CAPSLOCK plus SPACE, followed by SHIFT plus S.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Vic Beckley
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 8:18 AM

It doesn’t work that way for me, though. Pressing insert-space followed by shift-s doesn’t say or do anything whether speech on demand is on or off.

Vic

Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:40 AM

Hi, Vic. INSERT plus SPACE followed by S doesn’t turn Speech on Demand on or off. What SHIFT plus SPACE followed by S does is:

If Speech on Demand is already invoked, INSERT plus SPACE followed by S will toggle between Speech on Demand and Speech Mute. If you are currently in Full Speech mode, INSERT plus SPACE followed by S will say:

Not Available In Full Speech Mode.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Vic Beckley
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 4:07 AM

This doesn’t work for me. When I press insert+space and then shift+s with speech on demand mode on nothing happens. I have tried over and over again with no success. I am using Eloquence if that matters.

Vic

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jason White via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 2:34 PM

Insert+Space, S to toggle between “speech on demand” and “full speech”. When in Speech on Demand mode, Insert+Space, Shift+S to toggle between speech on demand and speech entirely turned off (“speech mute”, as it’s called).

Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:22 PM
Subject: Speech on demand

What is the keystroke for toggling between speech on and either speech mute or speech on demand?

Thank you.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.