Re: Providing Remote Support to Sighted Users

Jonas Voll

Well, yes Jaws supports RDP, but you will need to license Jaws to support that!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Coleman, Alton A
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2017 8:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Providing Remote Support to Sighted Users

Good morning,

Is anyone aware of an accessible tool that will allow a JAWS user to provide remote assistance to other sighted non-JAWS users?

I am currently set up with JAWS Tandem Direct, but it does not make sense to me to ask a sighted user who requires my assistance, and knows absolutely nothing about JAWS to go through the process of launching JAWS on their machine just to acquire an access code for a Tandem session, and then having to explain to them how to shutdown JAWS when the session is complete, etc.

Is there a more mainstream utility, such as Windows Remote Assistance through which I can gain access to their workstation and then just launch JAWS myself?

Note that JAWS has already been installed on the 75-100 workstations that I could potentially need to access.

I just want to find a way that the end-user does not have to launch JAWS in order for me to provide real-time remote assistance.

Keep in mind that I am referring to real-time assistance, where I take control of the end-user’s workstation, under their existing credentials and login session, not to be confused with remoting into their computer via Windows Remote Desktop, etc.

Any thoughts or feedback that you might can share would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com 
and 
logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 
'spam@...'

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.