Re: J2018

Hi,

Regarding Windows 7 or 8.x to 10: I’d strongly advise folks to get a free license before the offer expires, downgrade, then upgrade later.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of john clayton
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: J2018

Hello Becky,

I would suggest that you stick with jaws 18, 2018 seems far more resource heavy and slow to me as compared to jaws18,and there arent any improvements in 2018 that arent in 18 that you could make use of in win7 anyway.

as to win7 to win10? stick with 7 as long as you can, I have been using win10 because I have no choice,but given one, would go back to 7 in a heartbeat.

hth.

On 15 December 2017 at 04:34, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

I came straight from XP to Windows 10. I gathered a lot of information from a couple of lists, and have a savvy husband, didn't seem to be any real problem.

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:02 PM

Hello Becky,

I have had Windows 10  scince the spring, and have not had an inordinant amount of trouble with it. The thing is one will have to upgrade sooner or later

That said, with the negative comments regarding Windows 8 , I skipped over that one.

Cheers Kevin.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: December 14, 2017 1:07 PM

Did you ask Kevin why you should stay with Windows 7? There are definitely some changes but it seems much more like Windows 7 than Windows 8 did.

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Becky Tsurumoto <panache713@... <mailto:panache713@...> > wrote:

Kevin,

My tech person,  who works for an agency for the blind, helped me order my new computer.
        He said I have the license for Windows 10 but that he asked the seller that Windows 7 be installed.
         I didn't know if Windows 10 would be harder to use for me.
        Now Tom said I should have the latest JAWS  even if I use an older operating system in case I need tech support from Freedom Scientific.

Becky

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>  [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> ] On Behalf Of Kevin Hourigan
        Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:43 AM
        To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>

Do you not want to upgrade to Windows 10 while it is still available for free, if indeed it still is?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>  [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io> ] On Behalf Of Becky Tsurumoto
        Sent: December 14, 2017 8:17 AM
        To: main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
        Subject: J2018

Hi List,

I purchased a new computer in August 2017.  I'm using Windows 7 with JAWS 18.
        I'm authorized to download JAWS 2018, but since I'm not using Windows 10 is there any benefit to downloading the new version?  Any input would be appreciated.

Becky

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

Teacher of students who are blind or visually impaired

(513) 607-6053

--

“The most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.”

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.