Re: JAWS Outlook Contacts Help

david

hello; try the following;

1, open outlook,

2, ctrl+y=go to folder,

press the letter "c"=contacts, press enter.

3, alt+v=view,

tab once, change view button, press enter,

4, now use the tab key, enter on, list.

see if this helps.

jaws should still read the contact info, address, phone, email, etc.

hope this helps.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bohmann, Ben
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS Outlook Contacts Help

Thanks for the help.  My user is still having this issue even after being on the phone with support for over an hour.  Maximizing the screen, running outlook repairs, reinstalling JAWS, reinstalling the OS, trying Windows Enterprise, Windows Pro, etc.  Nothing seems to help.   Support doesn’t seem to have this issue on their computers.

Ben

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:31 AM

This has been an issue with Outlook 2016 since I don’t know when. Don’t recall this being a problem with Outlook 2010. I’ve gotten in the habbit of arrowing back and forth once before clicking on the desired contact. This focus being off has been annoying to say the least. Maximizing the window and so on doesn’t make a difference. I’ve almost gotten used to it at this point.

Using the most recent Jaws 2018, but  it’s been like this since at least JFW 18.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dale Heltzer
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:37 AM

Mee too. Don’t have a solution yet, though.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bohmann, Ben
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 12:51 PM
Subject: JAWS Outlook Contacts Help

I have a user that is running into problems with the latest version of Outlook and the latest version of JAWS.  The user views their contacts as business cards so that it reads the contact’s information.  However, as the user moves through the list of contacts, JAWS reads the contact the user just moved off of and not the currently selected contact.   For example, when the user is on Contact 1 and moves to Contact 2, JAWS reads Contact 1 even through Contact 2 is highlighted.  When the user moves to Contact 3, JAWS reads contact 2.   Any ideas would be helpful. 

Ben

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.