From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: 07 December 2017 20:59
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: scheduling assistance outlook 2016

I would be curious if there is something that works with speech.  The Scheduling Assistant lists the meeting attendees down the left side and uses colors to show whether attendees are available at a given time.  There is a vertical bar that depicts where your suggested meeting time is, as the hours of the day are listed from left to right across the top of the chart.  I have found with Window Eyes that if I can get the mouse pointer where that bar is, Window Eyes will sometimes read a list of the attendees and whether they are free or busy, but I’m using my tunnel of remaining vision to do this.  I do not yet have JAWS loaded on my work laptop where I do group scheduling to know how well this works with JAWS.

There is also a right sidebar that will suggest times and report as to how many attendees are available, but I find this rather pointless. It will toss out times where only 1 person can make it.   I have yet to find any sort of tool that will suggest the first available time when all your attendees are available.  I do a lot of scheduling and am convinced that, when my remaining vision is gone, I’ll need to have an executive admin do any scheduling for me – unless one of you power users out there can tell me it works with JAWS somehow.

Robin