JAWS announcing Touch keyboard

Van Lant, Robin

Hi all,

I’m running Windows 10 on my laptop with JAWS 2018.  I have it set to require a password to login.  If I leave my computer and come back later to type in my password, I hear a sound effect kind of like an ascending tone on a slide whistle and a voice says “Touch keyboard”.  I also notice that the voice I’m hearing on parts of the login screen are different from the normal voice I use.  All reverts to normal as I am loaded into my user profile of Windows.

What does JAWS mean by “Touch keyboard” and the sound effect?   Any idea why the voice changes?  Robin

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114