Re: free registry cleaners

HH. Smith Jr.

I’ve used Avast on and off for quite some time. at this moment, I got this one free from an in store promotional offer. I usually just run windows defender and I’ve been pretty secure since installing Windows10. I probably will remove avast from my system for the new year. It gets a little frustrating with the ongoing accessibility issues. However, it has worked well for me as an antivirus software and only that. My registry cleaner for a number of years has been CCleaner. It has worked well for me and is currently working great for me. And CCleaner is very accessible which is a plus for me. but ultimately; a messed up registry is usually fixed by other tools associated with CCleaner. Your computer usually goes down with a Windows OS issue or a malfunctioning app. Scanning your OS with the sfc /scannow command in an elevated command prompt and uninstalling the troubled app and reinstalling it usually resolves most of your issues.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sandra Streeter
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 11:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: free registry cleaners

Thought about it, but am concerned about reports I’m hearing of a serious near-breach of security that happened back in Sept; comments alluded to Avast trying to cover their own butt by saying that no one was harmed. I’d be interested in your feedback after you’ve had a chance to look into the issue, too. Also, Avast products seem to be becoming less and less screen-reader-friendly, though perhaps not C Cleaner itself. So, jury’s out, at this point—not going to make any hasty moves until I hear additional comments here from anyone who’s used it since Sept. Thanks!

Sandra

“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.”
(Henry David Thoreau)

Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 10:00 PM

Hi Sandra,

Try CCleaner.

Anyone know if there’s a free registry cleaner compatible with Jaws 16 on a Win. 7 machine? thanks!