Re: Navigating the audible.com site with jaws

Hi Kim,

Is this on a PC? I just followed the link from my Daily Deal newsletter and saw no difference, heading level 1 took me to the book title, then heading level 2 pressed twice took me to the publisher's notes/description..
I also closed Audible and then opened it just by going to www.Audible.com, I then searched for an author, Kenn Follett, and all his books were listed, I had the usual Add to Cart, Add to Wishlist etc, also the play sample and pressing enter on the book title took me into the details screen.
I then went to my wish list and after adding one Ken Follett book to the cart I added the new Clive Cussler Dirk Pitt book from my wish list, then went to the cart and checked out as normal.
Can you explain more where you experience these list boxes, what computer, browser and screenreader do you use? For me with Windows 10, Google Chrome and Jaws 2018 the site is perfectly accessible.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Navigating the audible.com site with jaws

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me. I've been an audible subscriber for a long time but recent changes on the site have made it next to impossible to read with jaws.

For example, I receive the newsletter with recommendations but when I click through to the site, I am confronted with listbox after listbox with no way of accessing the information contained there. Pressing enter supposedly opens the listbox but then what? Down arrow does nothing and tab just takes me out of the area I'm trying to read.

It would be great if someone could tell me how to manage this crazy layout.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.