Re: correctly Updating Jaws

Hi Dave,

From my own personal experience I can tell you that in all the years Jaws offered the "Check for Updates" option and where minor updates were done this way I never ever had an issue with this. After all, if there is an update of whatever size it is first downloaded before the install starts, but to each their own.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: correctly Updating Jaws

Respectfully disagree, Steve...

Directly updating from the Help menu via the Internet connection has been demonstrated numerous times by users to fail during the process. It leans heavily on the connection being reliable throughout the process and if it does not, the update is compromised with possible bad result.

Much safer to do the download as a separate process, and then to run the executable on the computer.

Dave