what did I do by accident?

Van Lant, Robin

Hello,

Last night I was playing around with JAWS, still trying to learn it.  I must have turned on something, but I am not sure what it is or how I accidentally turned it on.  I finally figured out a way to shut off JAWS and load Window Eyes to try to clear it, and turning JAWS back on today does seem to have removed whatever I had done.  Here are the symptoms:

1)      On the desktop, I could see well enough to tell that I had focus on an icon, but hitting Enter and tapping the icon  did not engage it.  My keyboard shortcuts to launch programs also did not work.

2)      I was in a Word 2010 document and inserted a small table to organize some information.  After creating a couple rows and typing the information, I could add a row by tabbing.  However, when I went to arrow up using the dedicated arrow keys, it would not work.  It seemed to have focus in a different place altogether., although I cannot recall whet JAWS was saying.

3)      I think I heard JAWS say “Touch Cursor”.

Are these all symptoms of the same issue?  Did I inadvertently enable the Touch  Cursor?   If so, how did I do it and what should I have done to turn it off?

Robin Van Lant

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114