what did I do by accident?

Van Lant, Robin

Hello,

Last night I was playing around with JAWS, still trying to learn it.  I must have turned on something, but I am not sure what it is or how I accidentally turned it on.  I finally figured out a way to shut off JAWS and load Window Eyes to try to clear it, and turning JAWS back on today does seem to have removed whatever I had done.  Here are the symptoms:

1)      On the desktop, I could see well enough to tell that I had focus on an icon, but hitting Enter and tapping the icon  did not engage it.  My keyboard shortcuts to launch programs also did not work.

2)      I was in a Word 2010 document and inserted a small table to organize some information.  After creating a couple rows and typing the information, I could add a row by tabbing.  However, when I went to arrow up using the dedicated arrow keys, it would not work.  It seemed to have focus in a different place altogether., although I cannot recall whet JAWS was saying.

3)      I think I heard JAWS say “Touch Cursor”. 

Are these all symptoms of the same issue?  Did I inadvertently enable the Touch  Cursor?   If so, how did I do it and what should I have done to turn it off? 

Robin Van Lant

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.