From: Andre [mailto:stepserve@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, Dec 2, 2017 5:59 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: OT: Kindle Fire 5th gen. VoiceView Shortcut

If anyone knows: Can you tell me how to turn voiceview on/off? Has something
changed in the latest os update? I know you used to be able to turn it
on/off from anywhere and any app by holding the power button, then also
placing 2 fingers on the screen. Then you'd hear the screen reader say keep
holding to fingers down to activate voiceview. But now, I haven't been able
to use the same method as before to turn it off. The only way I've been able
to turn it off was by going to settings > accessibility > voiceview and
checking the box to turn it off.

However, once voiceview is off, I can turn it on by holding the power button
and then placing 2 fingers on the screen. Why won't the same method turn it
off any longer? It's a problem because I can't help my 5 year old navigate
to where he needs to be if I have to navigate to settings to turn it off
rather than to use that shortcut because then he'd be stuck in settings and
I don't know how to describe to him what he needs to do to get out of that
and back to his apps.

I can't seem to contact Amazon by phone today so. Thanks all for your help.

Is there a blind kindle fire list somewhere?

Thanks again,