Laptop function keys

Gudrun Brunot

Hello all: I hope this isn’t ot. I have recently bought an ASUS Transformer Mini (keyboard folds towards screen. I have JAWS 2018 installed on it. What I want to do is set up a hotkey, one for shutting down and restart, another just for shutting down. JAWS don’t give feedback in all situations, and what I’d like to know is what the default functions for the top keys are. I’d like to use one of the function keys for these two functions, and I don’t want to disable some default that is useful. I’ve tried scanning the user guide, but no help there. I’ve shown the scanty documentation to my partner as well, and he didn’t find any list of what the function keys do.

Any help greatly appreciated. The machine seems otherwise compact, neat, and fairly snappy.

Gudrun

gudrunbrunot.com

Listen to samples and read about my services:

translation, interpreting, sound design, and listen to clips from my CD, J-Walking.