Re: best way to regain speech if JAWS is silent?

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

You have to use this key combo once to unload Jaws then again to reload Jaws. It is a two step procedure. The second time it will start Jaws and generate an error report to send to FS.

On 11/30/2017 5:32 AM, Paul Hunt wrote:
Hello. JawsKey+WindowsKey+f4 doesn’t work and JAWS doesn’t restart. If I start Narrator and kill the Jaws process I can restart Jaws. The problem is Narrator is too verbose in the Task Manager.

On Nov 29, 2017, at 9:39 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

Just starting Jaws may not be the solution if Jaws has crashed and is displaying some error message. For the most part if you wait long enough Jaws restarts by itself and by "long enough" I mean at least 30 or 40 seconds. After that you can try Jaws Key+Alt+F4, this unloads and reloads Jaws. If that doesn't work you can definitely try to simply launch Jaws either using the Run command as described, Windows+R then type Jaws18 or Jaws2018 and press enter or you can of course set a shortcut key combination like Control+Alt+J.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: best way to regain speech if JAWS is silent?

I usually just do a run line command (windows key plus letter r) then type the word jaws followed by version number with no spaces between the word jaws and version number. So to start most current version, the run dialogue box would read following line:
Jaws2018

Once typed simply hit enter and it is up and running.

Al