Re: Fix for Excel 2016 crashing when typing formulas, was Excel 2016 as part of Office 365 issues

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Russell,

Perfect, works exactly as you describe. This is an easy work-around and one which doesn't cause too much inconvenience otherwise.
Interesting how auto complete causes so many issues since Outlook has issues with it as well or at least had in the past weeks.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Russell Solowoniuk
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Fix for Excel 2016 crashing when typing formulas, was Excel 2016 as part of Office 365 issues

Hi Sieghard & all,

Good news! I found a fix for the issue of Excel 2016 crashing when typing a formula while running a screen reader.

Here's what to do...

1. in Excel, go to File > Options (Alt +F, T).
2. Arrow down to "Formulas".
3. Tab till you hear Jaws say "Working with Formulas, Formula AutoComplete, checked", and press the spacebar to uncheck the formula autocomplete.
4. Tab to the OK button and press enter. Now try to type a formula, and all should be well!

I found an article on the web where someone was having this issue with Excel on the Mac, and he tried turning off a number of options, and found that an autocomplete option was causing his issues. The options were a little different, but I went through all the autocomplete options, and tried the formula autocomplete and was so excited to find that it worked!

Good luck all.

Russell

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.