Re: Surprising mispronunciation with Nathan compact voice

Van Lant, Robin

Interesting. I'm not on my JAWS computer at the moment, but I was using Nathan Compact.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike Rogers
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Surprising mispronunciation with Nathan compact voice

mail male I'm using Nathan premium and he pronounces both ways correctly. But Regina is pronounced withthe long I. You can always use pronunciation dictionary to change that.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 16:33:14 +0000
"Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io" <Robin_Van_Lant=Key.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm using the Volcalizer Expressive voices and am surprised to find that Nathan mispronounces the word "male" - as in I have a male Yellow lab guide dog. Instead of saying it as "mail" (homonym to what the post office delivers), it says "ma lay". So strange! It says female correctly. The other American voices I have tried do not say it incorrectly.

I've also noticed that all of the voices I have tried say the girl's name Regina like the city in Canada, as opposed to Regeena. Funny how synthesizers are programmed.

So, on this note, where do I change pronunciations? A search in the settings did not turn up anything obvious.

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager
Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance
720-304-1060 | Robin_Van_Lant@key.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114 If you prefer not to receive
future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail
to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.