Surprising mispronunciation with Nathan compact voice

Van Lant, Robin

I’m using the Volcalizer Expressive voices and am surprised to find that Nathan mispronounces the word “male” – as in I have a male Yellow lab guide dog.  Instead of saying it as “mail” (homonym to what the post office delivers), it says “ma lay”.  So strange!  It says female correctly.  The other American voices I have tried do not say it incorrectly.

I’ve also noticed that all of the voices I have tried say the girl’s name Regina like the city in Canada, as opposed to Regeena.   Funny how synthesizers are programmed.

So, on this note, where do I change pronunciations?  A search in the settings did not turn up anything obvious.

Robin Van Lant | Sr. Program Manager

Strategy & Performance Management | Key Equipment Finance

720-304-1060 | Robin_Van_Lant@...

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114