From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017 9:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Virtual reader help please

Hi, Sugar. Here’s what the help topic says about the Virtual Viewer check box

Show Virtual Viewer on Screen

Use this check box to specify whether the Virtual Viewer is visually displayed on the screen when you access context-sensitive (INSERT+F1) help and other helpful messages. It may be useful in training environments to show the Virtual Viewer. However, in a presentation application like PowerPoint, it might disrupt your presentation to display the Virtual Viewer. JAWS functions the same in these messages regardless of whether the Virtual Viewer is visible. For more information on using the Virtual Viewer, see Virtual Viewer.

The key words here are:

JAWS functions the same in these messages regardless of whether the Virtual Viewer is visible.

If it doesn’t matter to you if the Virtual Viewer is visually displayed on the screen, then it won’t matter if the check box is checked or unchecked. If you want the Virtual Viewer visually displayed on the screen, check the check box. If you think PowerPoint might be used, or that the Virtual Viewer might interfere with the visual display of some programs, uncheck the check box.