Re: Unending problems with firefox

Bonnie Vegiard

I installed the extended release version for 64-bit machine’s, and so far I’ve had no issues with it. I haven’t used it very much since doing this. It was a straightforward install, and I did not run into any problems. Are use jaws 18 and windows 10. I am interested in switching to chrome, as I hear a lot of people really like it, but I have to investigate how to change all my bookmarks over. Also, our use the one password program, and I have to figure out how to install the extension for chrome. All this is doable, but I just have not gotten around to it. I found one password is pretty inconsistent with Firefox. Does anyone know if it’s any better with chrome?
Thanks, Bonnie

On Nov 25, 2017, at 10:09 AM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@outlook.com> wrote:

For those who think they installed the ESR version but still cannot use Firefox, make sure when you run the install file, you get "Update" as an option. Double check the Help, About after installation to be sure you have 52.5 ESR 32 bit. At least, some on this list, have said run the 32 bit version even if you have a 64 bit machine as it works better with Jaws, apparently.
Here is the 32 bit link for US English:
https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-esr-latest-ssl&os=win&lang=en-US

For all other languages and versions of the ESR, go to:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of cecropia64
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 7:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Unending problems with firefox

Hi:

I';m having the same issue but I haven't upgraded to Jaws 2018 yet. In
the mean time, I'm using both Internet explorer and NVDA if you want to
use Firefox. IE still works well with Jaws and NVDA is working well
with Firefox for now. Just a little fix to consider.

Stew

On 11/25/2017 2:28 AM, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:
Hello again:
Firefox, is still not working with JAWS, even with the extended
support release. I downloaded and installed the ESR52.5 program, and
it is running.
But when I open firefox, I get this message:
"Display of tab content is disabled due to incompatibility with your
screen reader. Please update your screenreader, or switch to firefox
extended support release".
Does anyone have this problem even after installing ESR, how did you
get around it.
Or is there is fix for this new probllem created by firefox.
I did refresh firefox as suggested in the firefox help, but nothing
changed. In fact, I've now lost all my bookmarks.
Any help?
Ibrahim in Nigeria.