Re: Web site message

Laura Richardson

Thank you …… This is quite helpful to know and I’ll give it a try next time this issue comes up ……

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2017 2:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Web site message

You are in a pdf document and the options you are hearing are the accessibility options for how you want your screen reader to read the page. Try tabbing until you hear a button that says something like start. Press enter at that point and you should soon hear the document being read.

I hope this helps.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

The happy ending still beckons, and it is in the hope of grasping it that we go on.—Annie Proulx

On Nov 26, 2017, at 2:15 AM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:

Hello,

When I went to a web site I got the following message:

Infer reading order from document (recommended)

 Left- to – right top – to – bottom reading order

Use reading order in raw print stream

There is nothing to click on …… I cannot back out of this site with back space or alt + left arrow …… I cannot go to favorites with alt + a …… The only way to get off this site is alt + f4 which takes me off the internet completely.

Has anybody come across this situation?  If so, do you have any suggestions or remedies? …… Using Jaws 18, Windows 10 & Internet Explorer.

Thank you,

Laura