Re: Chrome shortcut keys was: RE: Unending problems with firefox

Ibrahim Ajayi

Thanks Richard for sending me the keystrokes for google chrome.
I am indeed very grateful.
Thanks and kind regards.
Ibrahim.

On 11/25/17, Richard Turner <richardturner42@outlook.com> wrote:
The following list came from:
https://www.computerhope.com/shortcut/chrome.htm

Google Chrome shortcut keys
Updated: 10/19/2017 by Computer Hope
ChromeBelow is a listing of all the major shortcut keys used with the Google
Chrome Internet browser. See the computer shortcuts page if you are looking
for other shortcut keys used in other programs.
Tip: We also have a full list of shortcuts specific to Chromebooks on our
Chromebook shortcut keys page.
Shortcut Keys Description
Alt+Home Open your homepage.
Alt+Tab Toggle between browser windows
Alt+Left Arrow Back a page.
Alt+Right Arrow Forward a page.
F11 Display the current website in full-screen mode. Pressing F11 again will
exit this mode.
Esc Stop page or download from loading.
Ctrl+(- or +) Zoom in our out of a page '-' will decrease and '+' will
increase. Ctrl+0 will reset back to default.
Ctrl+1-8 Pressing Ctrl and any number 1 through 8 will move to the
corresponding tab in your tab bar.
Ctrl+9 Switch to last tab.
Ctrl+0 Reset browser zoom to default
Ctrl+Enter Quickly complete an address. For example, type computerhope in
the address bar and press Ctrl+Enter to get https://www.computerhope.com.
Ctrl+Shift+Del Open the Clear Data window to quickly clear private data.
Ctrl+Shift+B Toggle the bookmarks bar between hidden and shown
Ctrl+A Select everything on a page
Ctrl+D Add a bookmark for the page currently opened.
Ctrl+F Open the "find" bar to search text on the current page
Ctrl+O Open a file in the browser
Ctrl+Shift+O Open the Bookmark manager.
Ctrl+H Open history in a new tab
Ctrl+J Display the downloads window
Ctrl+K or Ctrl+E Moves your text cursor to the omnibox so that you can begin
typing your search query and perform a Google search.
Ctrl+L Move the cursor to the browser address bar and highlight everything
in it.
Ctrl+N Open New browser window.
Ctrl+Shift+N Open a new window in incognito (private) mode.
Ctrl+P Print current page or frame.
Ctrl+R or F5 Refresh the current page or frame.
Ctrl+S Saves the current page
Ctrl+T Opens a new tab.
Ctrl+U View a web page's source code
Ctrl+W Closes the currently selected tab.
Ctrl+Shift+W Closes the currently selected window.
Ctrl+Shift+T Reopens the last tab you've closed. If you've closed multiple
tabs you can press this shortcut key multiple times to restore each of the
closed tabs.
Ctrl+Tab Moves through each of the open tabs going to the right.
Ctrl+Shift+Tab Moves through each of the open tabs going to the left.
Ctrl+Left-click Open the link in a new tab in the background
Ctrl+Shift Left-click Open the link in a new tab and switch to the new tab
Ctrl+Page Down Open the browser tab to the right
Ctrl+Page Up Open the browser tab to the left
Spacebar Moves down a page at a time.
Shift+Spacebar Moves up a page at a time.
Home Go to top of page
End Go to bottom of page
Alt+Down Arrow Display all previous text entered in a text box and available
options on a drop-down menu.