From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 4:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws & jpg files

Hello,

Just tried the new feature where jaws is supposed to read jpg files? I used to do this with open book but just tried with latest version of JAWS 2018 to no avail. Here is what I did.

Went to a jpg file (picture of a receipt) and when cursor had focus on the file I hit application key and selected “recognize with jaws.  It doesn’t seem to do anything. Is there something else I need to do? I remember in the beta testing with first version I could not get this to work and reported it to VFO. Have not tried since but still does not work. Am I needing to do another step? Are others able to complete this ok

Al