Re: need recommendation for new PC

Carol Smith

Thank you.

On 11/24/2017 4:33 PM, Feliciano G wrote:
I advise you to check out the computer at the store. Especially if you are considering a laptop. Something like the keyboard could be a deal breaker even if it has good specs.
I see you do not want a notebook, but I personally have a 13" Dell XPS (9360)with i5 processor, 8GB of Ram and 256GB SSD and it is powerful.

I personally would not invest on a laptop that has less than 2GHZ of prosessor power.

Feliciano

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 1:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: need recommendation for new PC

You dont need a super expensive system. You do need the fastest I5 processor you can afford and 8GB of ram. Everything else is optional.
the onboard sound, video and network is fine.
A good SSD is very nice to have. I like Samsung myself.
256GB is fine for your OS and programs. A seperate multi TB HDD is good for music and other things like One drive and dropbox On 11/24/2017 6:00 AM, Carol Smith via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

I must get a new PC. I am looking for suggestions for one that will
meet the best use criteria for speech. Is 8g ram enough or should I
get 12? Should I get both SSD and SETA frives? If I neeed SSD, how
large should it be? Generally, which would be the best brand? I know
this is a personal choice. I have had Dells for the last two
computers and am wondering if something else would be better. I have
Office 2007. Can I use 2007 on a win10 system or Should I get 2016?
My current PC is almost 8 years old and is beginning to do some wierd
stuff, so I thought I had better take care of getting a new one before
this one gives up.

Finally, does anyone use a hybred and what do they think of it. I
know I do not want a notebook, so it must be either a hybred, a decent
laptop or another desktop. Thanks for any suggestions. Oh yes, I
would like to get one on sale today, grin.

Carol