need recommendation for new PC

Carol Smith

Hi,

I must get a new PC. I am looking for suggestions for one that will meet the best use criteria for speech. Is 8g ram enough or should I get 12? Should I get both SSD and SETA frives? If I neeed SSD, how large should it be? Generally, which would be the best brand? I know this is a personal choice. I have had Dells for the last two computers and am wondering if something else would be better. I have Office 2007. Can I use 2007 on a win10 system or Should I get 2016? My current PC is almost 8 years old and is beginning to do some wierd stuff, so I thought I had better take care of getting a new one before this one gives up.

Finally, does anyone use a hybred and what do they think of it. I know I do not want a notebook, so it must be either a hybred, a decent laptop or another desktop. Thanks for any suggestions. Oh yes, I would like to get one on sale today, grin.

Carol