Excel 2016 (Office 365) issues with Jaws 2018, was RE: Outlook crashes on Windows 7 PC when starting to type an address

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi,

I too was having the problem of Excel 2016, as part of Office 365, crashing as soon as I typed the equal sign to start a formula. I called VFO and was sent an email message from Microsoft that had a link to a tool for completely uninstalling Office 365. I ran the tool, but it quit halfway through. After much fighting, I finally managed to get Office 365 re-installed. The issue with typing formulas in Excel is now fixed, but Jaws isn’t able to read anything in Excel. It’s really sluggish, and, once in a while will read the contents of the cell I move into, but more often than not, Jaws remains silent.

This is my work desktop machine running Windows 7 and Jaws 2018, latest version.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, is there a fix?

Thanks for any help.

Russell