From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kelly Pierce
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017 12:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Crowd Funding

Yes, if you are working for low wages someplace, then changes need to happen. This could include exploring the world of online businesses or finding better paying work. Here in Chicago, the Lighthouse has full time customer service jobs that pay a living wage. The jobs are fully accessible to a blind person. If someone needs training, even if a blind trainee needs computer literacy, the person is paid to attend training. Of course, the blind person needs to arrive at the technology training site on time and actively train for eight hours a day until competency is achieved.

Kelly

On 11/18/17, Gudrun Brunot <gbrunot@centurylink.net> wrote:
Hi all: I actually don't see anything wrong with this discussion, for
heaven knows it's expensive to keep your necessary assistive hardware
and software up, plus the expenses associated with crashes between
mainstream software and screen readers. I have been hit so hard these
last two years in that regard that I feel almost burned out at times.
I don't run to Rehab as soon as things go south. I try to afford what
I need, but I can no longer totally subscribe to the belief that you
should be able to work hard to pay for it if you need it badly enough.
Often, you actually do need it badly enough, and, work as you might,
or maybe you can't work enough due to technology glitches, you can't
quite afford it, or you spend money that you, or your family, could have used for some other essential purchase.

So, crowd funding, hurray, and how do you get started?

Gudrun